re-connecting to Removed[symbol] after CleanSlate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26428] re-connecting to Removed[symbol] after CleanSlate
  • From: Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at Zeiss.de>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, MathGroup,

when debugging my own packages, I frequently
use CleanSlate followed by Needs, when I have
spotted and repaired a bug.

Sometimes, several of my packages rely on each
other. When I CleanSlate one, onto which another
package relies, the depending symbols now
reference Removed[symb].

I am looking for a way, to re-establish the
links to those symbols, which now are connected
to Removed[symb], i.e. after Needs re-establishes
the removed context, all those symbols, which
were there before CleanSlate killed them and
which are risen new by Needs, should be re-
connected "by name".

Anyone out there, who has felt the same need
and found a way, how to cope with it?

kind regards

Dipl.-Math. Adalbert Hanszen