RE: Launch Directory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26509] RE: [mg26499] Launch Directory
  • From: "Krautschik, Chris G" <krautschikc at>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:55:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

If you modify the init.m file (path is c:\Program Files\Wofram
Reseach\Mathematica\4.1\Configuration\Kernel\init.m") and add the following
line of text to the bottom of the file it should do what you want:

You can use a text editor to add the line of text or Mathematica as well. I
suggest you first rename the file init.bak and then modify the file and save
it as init.m. Restart Mathematica and type Directory[] (in a new notebook to
verify that the init.m file works as intended.

You can also type the command SetDirectory["C:\Temp"] at the beginning of
your notebook to move to the directory you want to go to. However, you would
have to do that everytime you start up Mathematica.

PS. The Yen signs should really be replaced by the backslash operator under