Double-sided printing, one side at a time ....

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21899] Double-sided printing, one side at a time ....
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:55:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mathematica 4.0 can be told to print pages so that headers appear on either
the left of right as required, and it can be told the page number from
which to start.

However, I've yet to figure out a way of getting it to print (say) only
the even-numbered pages so that when the job is completed, I can turn the
pages over and print only the odd-numbered pages.  Is it possible to coerce
Mathematica into doing this?

Dumping the block to an EPS file then printing via Ghostview is one option,
but I'd like to try something more efficent particularly since Ghostview 2.7 and
our printer have a minor disagreement.

Any thoughts?

 David Annetts                                       _____________                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------