Re: Double-sided printing, one side at a time ....

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21926] Re: [mg21899] Double-sided printing, one side at a time ....
  • From: Bojan Bistrovic <bojanb at>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:54:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

> Hi,
> Mathematica 4.0 can be told to print pages so that headers appear on either
> the left of right as required, and it can be told the page number from
> which to start.
> However, I've yet to figure out a way of getting it to print (say) only
> the even-numbered pages so that when the job is completed, I can turn the
> pages over and print only the odd-numbered pages.  Is it possible to coerce
> Mathematica into doing this?
> Dumping the block to an EPS file then printing via Ghostview is one option,
> but I'd like to try something more efficent particularly since Ghostview 2.7 and
> our printer have a minor disagreement.
> Any thoughts?
> Regards,
> Dave.

Well, you might want to update your ghostview/ghostscript packages; the
original comes from . Version 5.5 of ghostscript
should work fine with all printers. Most UNIX systems have 'pstools' package
which can be found on CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network); "psselect" or
"psbook" can do your thing (this is what I used to do before I had access to
2-sided printer". Here's a good search engine for CTAN: . You can download
ghostscript/ghostview from there as well. Under Linux command "mpage" can
rearange pages in postscript document any way you want. If you're using
windoze or Mac, you're on your own :-).

Bye, Bojan

Bojan Bistrovic,                       bojanb at
Old Dominion University, Physics Department,      Norfolk, VA