Bracket Trouble with IT Keyb.

Hello,
I have this problem with Math 4.0 . ( under  Win 98 )

If I type
Plot[ ...... etc.....
the software beeps and looking at "Why the beep" I get :

"You used a Command or Control key that is not defined
 to do anything " .

But if I copy the Brackets from the characters map all is good
and nothing beeps .

So the trouble is ( I think ) in the control sequence I use
to get the brackets that is  : " Alt + Shift + e' " or " Ctrl + Alt + e' " .

Now I do not know what to do .
Does anyone has an  Idea on solving this ?

( If I it can help : This never occurred using Mathematica 3.0 ,
  that is installed on the same PC yet )

( I hope you will forgive my probably mistake-full english : )  )

Thank you .
Bye.