linux question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg22343] linux question
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <covenant at>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:13:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

dear all,

i'm running mathematica on a linux system.  it was installed as root, and
apparently, only runs when i'm root.  i don't want to run mathematica (let
alone X) as root.  for the other user-space accounts, it wants a password

there are a few accounts on my home system that i use -- one account
specifically for my oral's research, one general purpose, one for some
papers i'm writing.  i'd like to be able to use mathematica from all of

do i have any options other than having a separate license for each account
(which i obviously won't do).