Re: ListPlot3D help

Luca Bonci schrieb:

> Hello, I need to obtain a 3D plot by using a data file. I could not find
>
> any other way that to use ListPlot3D but it seem that this accepts only
> heigths arrays, namely a
> rectangular array containing the heights of the surface. In this way I
> cannot obtain the right
> scales on the x a y axis becasue the x and y data are not considered!
>
> Is there any way to plot a real three-dimensional set of data written as
>
> a set of {x,y,z} points?

Dear Luca,

perhaps you might try with Tom Wickham-Jones' Graphics Extensions
(http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0208-976)

and then use

<< ExtendGraphics`SurfaceGraphics3D`

data = Table[{x = Pi Random[], y = 2 Pi Random[], Sin[x] Sin[y]},
{100}];

ListSurfacePlot3D[data, BoxRatios -> {1, 1, 0.8}, ViewPoint -> {1.6,
-0.3, 2}]

-- Hartmut