Mathematica on the Web

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21711] Mathematica on the Web
  • From: Alan Lewis <alanlewis at home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:52:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have some Mathematica code I would like to implement on the
Web in an interactive manner. Ignoring the licensing issue for the
moment, some questions.

Is it possible for a java applet to call Mathematica and receive back
values (including graphics) for display? How about just calling
the graphics routines? (I ask this because I have seen some links
to Graphics3D viewers, although these viewers do not seem to
be interactive, in the sense that you can change Module parameters)

More generally, what is the most straightforward way to call Mathematica
and return html dynamically? Are there any examples of this besides
integration servers?

Any comments or links highly appreciated.
Alan Lewis