Re: Graphing in a button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21721] Re: [mg21713] Graphing in a button
  • From: "Carlos Castellanos" <caicaly at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 03:45:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you Thomas

Actually I am writing the code for the button in the ShowExpression code (I
mean "inside the cell"). I am using the command
Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript", DisplayString[(any graphic object)]],
"Graphics"], in another notebook to obtain the data of the graphic I want to
be displayed in the button...
The notebook I thought was "corrupted" yesterday, now is OK, after deleting
the data of the graphic I pretended to display (maybe the string was to
long...) ... But I still do not undestand why some of my notebooks,
sometimes inherite the WindowFloating condition...

On sunday,  Jan 23 2000, Jean-Marie Thomas wrote:

> Sounds like you modified your button options through the Option Inspector
in the
> "global" context.
> Launch the FrontEnd, go to OptionInspector, and reset the button options
> default.
>
> In my opinion (which I heard is shared among Mathematica developpers),
> non-standard buttons - like yours - should not be built through FrontEnd
tools,
> but directly in the ShowExpression code. It's harder to write, but much
easier
> to debug !
>
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Carlos Castellanos wrote:
> > "Hola"
> >
> > I have been trying to include a graph in a button I created (I am doing
> > it inside the Cell Expression, I mean one can not see the data unless
> > you press ShowExpression for that cell that contains the button]. I
> > successfully did it last night. The problem is that something happened ?
> > Now in any notebook I open, I can't Copy or Paste any data. I can't do
> > it in the Expression of the cell nor in the Front end.
> >
> > Note: When I open the original notebook I was working with, and I try to
> > close it, Mathematica freeze (only Mathematica, not My computer): (1)
the notebook