Re: mathlink problems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24227] Re: mathlink problems
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 03:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 30 Jun 2000, Mario Drobics wrote:

> i have a problem, getting my mathlink programs to work. compiling works,
> but i only get a segmentation fault when runing the code compiled on my
> machine (debian 2.2 potato), while compiled versions from other ones
> works in some cases. i think the problem is my version
> ( how can i work around this? anyone got a solution?

You will need to download a glibc 2.1-compatible version of libML.a.

There is an FAQ page on this point:

The nature of the topic is misleading as they author of the FAQ mistakenly
equates glibc 2.1 with Red Hat 6.  I will notify support of this.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.