Inconsistency in Misc`Units`
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24441] Inconsistency in Misc`Units`
- From: Dan Warren <drdanw at my-deja.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:58:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I think the example speaks for itself: In:= << Miscellaneous`Units`; In:= ?Gauss "Gauss is the derived CGS unit of magnetic flux density." In:= CGS[Gauss] Out= Tesla ----- 10000 Why am I getting the SI unit of flux density instead of the CGS unit? Disclaimer: I know that as a serious scientist, I shouldn't touch CGS with a 10 foot, er, 304.8 centimeter, pole, but I am working with some legacy models. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.