  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24481] checking for presence of files
  • From: Otto Linsuain <linsuain+ at andrew.cmu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 Hi all. I know the answer to this could be system-dependent. I work
with Mathematica 4.0 on unix workstations.

 I wonder if it is possible to define a function that checks if a file
exists in your disk, something like

 FindFile[filename_String] = True if the file exists, False otherwise.

 Any ideas would be appreciated. Otto Linsuain.