Can Mathematica 4 do this?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24503] Can Mathematica 4 do this?
  • From: Hyun Go <mathcunix at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:01:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a system of 8 equations with 8
unknowns using Solve --by simply making them into a
system of simultaneous equation and let Solve run.
However, the calculation's been running for more than
40 mins so far and I'm still waiting (I have set
$RecursionLimit = 2000).

All 8 equations in the system are non-linear; Should I
stop trying it with Mathematica, or is there any
command more appropriate in dealing with non-linear
equations?
Thanks,

Hyun