Re: 12-bit Tiffs importable?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24506] Re: 12-bit Tiffs importable?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:01:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 19 Jul 2000 owenzooey at my-deja.com wrote: > I'm trying to import a 12-bit tiff scan acquired with Image Pro > Express and get and error for invalid tiff format. Can only 8 bit > tiffs be imported? You'll have to be a little clearer by what you mean by a 12-bit TIFF scan. Judging from the information at Image Pro Express' website: http://www.mediacy.com/ipe.htm I assume that you're referring to 12-bit gray scales. The TIFF import code adheres to the TIFF revision 6 standard: http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/PDFS/TN/TIFF6.pdf Only grayscales of 4- and 8-bits per sample are allowed in the standard. Your software must be relying on some vendor-specific extension. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.