Sort Solve's results

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24536] Sort Solve's results
  • From: "Steven Scroggin" <scrog at>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In writing a small program I am using Solve for a system to be solved for a
9 tuple of unknowns.  I need to work with the results in the order I
supplied them, but Solve does not return them in the order given.  How do I
reshuffle them ?

Specifically, I have

Where SPNames is a vector containing the names of the variables to be solved
for and TPM is a square matrix.  A typical SPName is p[1].  The system has a
unique solution.

scrog at
Steven Scroggin