mathematica gets a simple limit wrong?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24633] mathematica gets a simple limit wrong?
- From: danckel at my-deja.com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:24:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Could anyone explain the following output of mathematica 4.0: In:= 1+Limit[a-Sqrt[a^2-a],a->Infinity] Out:= 3/2 In:=Limit[1+a-Sqrt[a^2-a],a->Infinity] Out:= 1 ????!!!!!!!!!!! Huh? I just moved the 1 inside the brackets and got a wrong answer? Makes me wonder about mathematica. bye, D. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.