Re: can Mathematica use dual processors?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24606] Re: can Mathematica use dual processors?
- From: Mark Fisher <me.fisher at atl.frb.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:23:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I run Mathematica 4.0 under WindowsNT 4 with 2 processors. The bad news is that the kernel uses only "one" processor. (By default, NT chooses which and the choice changes quite often. Using the task manager, one force NT to stick to one or the other.) The good news is that you can launch another kernel to use the "other" processor and get work done while your long program runs. --Mark.