- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23800] Re: PDE's?
- From: "Bill Bertram" <wkb at ansto.gov.au>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:59:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
David Punsalan <punsalan at che.utexas.edu> wrote in message news:8hfesn$hrf at smc.vnet.net... > Hi! > > I need to solve some partial differential equations (1 space dim, 1 time > dimentsion, e.g. the heat equation, Fick's second law) with initial and > boundary conditions. In some cases, I'll need to solve non-linear, second > order partial differential equations. I was wondering if Mathematica (standard, w/o any extra toolkits or > packages) can do it. Hi David, Yes, Mathematica Version 4 will solve most partial DE's of the diffusion kind. I have used Mathematica versions 3 and 4 myself to solve a set of three simultaneous, non-linear diffusion equations. Cheers, Bill