- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23855] Rocket science!
- From: "Anders Andersen" <andmax at email.dk>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:17:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: CyberCity Internet
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi! I'm trying to solve a partial differential equation for the velocity and mass of a rocket, but i don't know how do this in Mathematica (3.0). The equation is: m*(dv/dt) = -m*g - u*(dm/dt) Where d is the derivative, g = 9.8 m/s and u is som velocity less than about 5000 m/s. The start velocity is v(0) = 0 and the start mass is m(0) = "initial mass of rocket including fuel". I hope someone can help me - thanks! - Anders