I'm lacking machine-sized real numbers again, help please.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24146] I'm lacking machine-sized real numbers again, help please.
- From: piovere at pdq.net (rob)
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:12:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: PDQ.net (using Airnews.net!)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm getting hit by another lack of machine-sized real numbers again:
y[w_]:= FourierTransform[UnitStep[t] Exp[-(a +I w0)t],t,w]
I now try to plot it and I get my usual failure to do right evidenced
by the thing not being "...a machine sized real number ".
So, I try to evaluate it at one point (I'm typing all this because
cutting and pasting never works for Mathematica text).
evaluating y gives
(0.01 +0.40 I) + DiracDelta[1+0.05 I]
Seems to me like DiracDelta[1+0.05 I] should be zero but I can't get
it to go away and it appears to keep me from using the function at
all. I'm getting nowhere.... can someone offer a suggestion of what
to do next?
Please use robpeterson at iname.com for email.
<AHREF="http://freeweb.pdq.net/piovere/">(added for the AOL-challenged)
Prev by Date:
Re: Unix Sound Problems
Next by Date:
Re: Plots with Variable Limits?
Previous by thread:
Re: AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
Next by thread:
Problems with Mathlink examples. Help needed.