Problems with Mathlink examples. Help needed.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24113] Problems with Mathlink examples. Help needed.
  • From: Fredrik Ingvarson <fredrik at ic.chalmers.se>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:11:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've tried to build the addtwo.PPC application using MPW 3.5 for the
Macintosh but an error is reported when compiling the source code
generated by mprep. I copied and pasted (and executed) the following
from the Mathematica book into the MPW shell:

set MathLink "Macintosh HD:Applikationer:Mathematica 4.0
Files:AddOns:MathLink:DevelopersKits:Macintosh:MathLink Compiler
Additions:"
export MathLink

set Commands "{Commands},{MathLink}"
export Commands

files "{MathLink}mathlink.h" "{MathLink}MathLinkStubs"
which mprep
'Macintosh HD:Applikationer:Mathematica 4.0
Files:AddOns:MathLink:DevelopersKits:Macintosh:MathLink Compiler
Additions:mathlink.h'
'Macintosh HD:Applikationer:Mathematica 4.0
Files:AddOns:MathLink:DevelopersKits:Macintosh:MathLink Compiler
Additions:MathLinkStubs'
'Macintosh HD:Applikationer:Mathematica 4.0
Files:AddOns:MathLink:DevelopersKits:Macintosh:MathLink Compiler
Additions:mprep'

setdirectory "{MathLink}:MathLink Examples:"
mprep addtwo.tm -o addtwo.tm.c -r addtwo.tm.r
Rez addtwo.tm.r -o addtwo.PPC
MrC -sym on -i "{MathLink}"  addtwo.c -o addtwo.c.x
MrC -sym on -i "{MathLink}"  addtwo.tm.c -o addtwo.tm.c.x
MrC C Compiler 4.1.0f1c1
Copyright (C) 1994-1999 by Apple Computer, Inc.

   HiliteControl( okHdl, kControlButtonPart);
                         ^
File "addtwo.tm.c"; line 170 #Error: undefined identifier
'kControlButtonPart'
#-----------------------

I'm using the following:

In[2]:=$Version
Out[2]="4.0 for Power Macintosh (May 9, 1999)"

PowerMac G3
MacOS 8.6
MPW GM 3.5
MathLink Revision 7

Since this is the first time I've tried Mathlink (and MPW) I would very
much appreciate som help.

/Fredrik Ingvarson