Re: AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24206] Re: AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:57:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 28 Jun 2000, Harald Giese wrote:

> I had this bug with Mathematica 3.0 for Windows.
> Maybe it is a similar bug for the AIX version - you should contact WRI.

It is unlikely that this is the same problem.  The problem that the FAQ
page above addresses deals with Windows specific problems in the kernel
loader executable MathKernel.exe.  The Unix versions of the kernel are not
split between a small loader executable and a large shared library file
(mathdll.dll). Instead, the executable exists as a single file.

I would encourage the original poster to create a minimal example that
demonstrates the behavior and submit the example to Wolfram Research
Technical Support.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.