Re: AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24206] Re: AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:57:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 28 Jun 2000, Harald Giese wrote: > I had this bug with Mathematica 3.0 for Windows. > http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/Windows/OutOfMemory.html > > Maybe it is a similar bug for the AIX version - you should contact WRI. It is unlikely that this is the same problem. The problem that the FAQ page above addresses deals with Windows specific problems in the kernel loader executable MathKernel.exe. The Unix versions of the kernel are not split between a small loader executable and a large shared library file (mathdll.dll). Instead, the executable exists as a single file. I would encourage the original poster to create a minimal example that demonstrates the behavior and submit the example to Wolfram Research Technical Support. http://www.wolfram.com/services/techsupport/Hints.html http://www.wolfram.com/services/techsupport/contact.html -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.