Re: Hyperlink Color and Palette

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22805] Re: Hyperlink Color and Palette
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:01:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8bkh8u$rg0 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Jacqueline Zizi <jazi at club-internet.fr> writes:

> I want to make a hyperlink palette with my favorite color PlaceHolder
> and underlinement to distinguish them form the blue colored usual ones.
> So, I don't want a global change.
>
> In a notebook I manage so OK by modifing the correspondant Style Sheet.
>
> Choosing in "File Menu"  the item "Generate Palette From Selection"
> changes back the color of the PlaceHolders and the undelinement s in
> blue, that I don't want. I want to keep there the customized colors.

Is the style sheet you edited a shared style sheet or a private
copy embedded within the parent notebook?

I suspect that you are using the latter.  The front end menu command

File -> Generate palette from selection...

does not embed the private copy in the parent notebook.  You
will need to save out the emedded style sheet to a separate file
and then point the palette to use the external style sheet as
shared style sheet.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com