Re: [Q] Solve?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23415] Re: [Q] Solve?
- From: Enrico Righes <righes at stud.uni-hannover.de>
- Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 21:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: RRZN - Newsserver Test
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
James schrieb: ... > But mathematica can't solve it, simply returing empty. > This equation can be solved, though, as you see. > I restarted mathematica to run again, but it doesn't help. ... Maybe because there is no solution ;-) Try to plot the functions. By the way, the functions seem to be solvable algebraically, so you can use variables instead of the values 2, 1.5, 4 etc. Hope the helps Enrico