multi-unit notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23436] multi-unit notebooks
  • From: "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee at inka.de>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I would like to create notebooks where the user can choose
between different unit systems.

For example a text could contain the following line (SI system):
    The gravitational constant is G = 6.673 10^-11 N m^2/s.
Now I want it to be possible that if the user presses some button
(probably at the top of the notebook) to select the gaussian unit
system the line will automatically change to:
    The gravitational constant is G = 6.673 10^-2 dynes cm^2/s.

I think Mathematica is the ideal system for incorporating concepts
like this into scientific electronic publishing. I hope someone can
tell me what possibilities I have to implement this feature into a
notebook.

Thanks in advance,

Felix