[Help me] Start Up Error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23475] [Help me] Start Up Error
  • From: "Adrian" <gtroh at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am running Windows 98. Mathematica Kernal works well.
When I try to start Mathematica after installation, I have following error.

" An error has occurred while Mathematica was starting up.
  Mathematica may not function properly until this problem resolved.
  You may choose to continue anyway, but could encounter additional
  An error has occurred during startup. Error type: 160 "

I have reinstalled the Mathematica but I still have same error
message. What could be the problem?
How can I solve this problem?
If anyone know how, feel free to email me directly at:  gtroh at

Thank you very much.