Re: win 2000 and bracket-maching speed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23477] Re: win 2000 and bracket-maching speed
  • From: "John Keith" <jskeith at interaccess.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:54:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter-

   I have been using Mathematica 4.01 under Win2K since Release Candidate 2
(last September) with no problems. In fact, contrary to popular belief, most
programs, including Mathematica, seem to run 5 - 10% faster than under NT4.
I would tend to suspect an underlying system problem, perhaps another
program or service that is hogging system resources. You might try looking
at the Performance and Processes tabs in the Task Manager.
  Also, I might add that in my experience, dual Celeron systems have had
reliability problems.

Good luck,

John Keith

news:8f2971$ud at smc.vnet.net...