Re: Fonts in Plots?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23476] Re: Fonts in Plots?
  • From: kkeiber at web.de
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for supplying the command to input TrueType fonts in plots. Well
I think it is a serious shortcoming of Mathematica that the TrueType
fonts that can be applied to plots are not included in exported
eps-files.

Concering the cm fonts there exists an encoding T1 that is extended
compared to the standard encoding OT1 (\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}).

Now I know that the package psfrag allows to replace "tags" in plots by
LaTeX code which in turn makes use of the cm fonts in LaTeX documents.
More information can be found in psfrag.ps which is available from CTAN
(e.g. ftp.dante.de/tex-archive).

Regards, Karl

Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> You can't
>
> because a TeX font has a non standard encoding that fit not
> to Adobes encoding, More over the cm fonts have only 127 characters
> while Adobe standard has some more glyphs.
>
> For TrueTyep fonts
>
> Show[Graphics[Text["Hallo",{0,0},TextStyle->{FontFamily->"Web
Dings"}]]]

> will work but you can't export this int PostScript.
>
> Regards
>   Jens
>
> kkeiber at my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Well, the StyleForm command allows to choose the font that is used
in
> > plots.
> >
> > How can I make Mathematica 4 use the type 1 font Computer Modern
Roman