line numbering in packages

I occasionally have problems with packages that ran fine under Mathematica 3.0,
returning error messages under Mathematica 4.0. Usually, the errors are identified
by a description and a line number, i.e.

Syntax::"com": "Warning: comma encountered with no adjacent expression; the
\
expression will be treated as Null. \!\(\" (line 7349 of \\\xxx.m\\\")\"\)"

Forgive this rather dumb question, but how to I find a particular line
number in a package, particularly with a large package as in the example
above? This tends not to be a problem with the official WRI add-ons, since
updates are readily available. Still, a number of useful third-party
packages didn't make the transition smoothly, and some of these errors can
presumably be easily amended.

A. Sharma

--
Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)