graphic export problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25928] graphic export problems
  • From: Andre Heinemann <a.heinemann at ifw-dresden.de>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 03:04:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi mathgroup

Today I detected a new problem with Mathematica4.0.
If I export a Graphic with:

Export["!emmathfnt  > /home4/andre/eps/filename.eps", graphname, "EPS"]

Mathematica crash's with the error message:

****************** error message 1 *************************

Floating exception.

If I print this graphic to a postscipt file or printer with:

File > Print Selection >

Mathematica crash's with:

************************* error message 2 *******************
Mathematica has received the signal:
SIGSEGV and has exited.
If possible, please report this problem to support at wolfram.com
describing in in as much detail as possible what you were doing
when the problem occurred.

[1]    Segmentation fault     mathematica

I tested other pictures because it works up to this special
graphic. I found out that for "smaller" not so complicated graphics
it works very well. But my picture is only a graph with two
other graphs enclosed (with Rectangle).
During my beta-tester live (I feel like it) for Mathematica
I found out that it also works with one picture (in a Rectangle)
included into my graph. But if I wanted to include two
Rectangles Mathematica crash's in the Export[] case.

So I tested also to print the pictures with "print as" option.
But here Mathematica crash's yet (with the second error message) if I
only included one Rectangle.

Can you help me with this?
I found nothing about "Floating exception"
in the Mathematica-book or at http://search.wolfram.com/
Also the second error message is very strange to me.

Andre

--
| email: a.heinemann at ifw-dresden.de |      Andre Heinemann        |