Re: Tex conversion

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25486] Re: [mg25471] Tex conversion
  • From: Scott Beckman <sbeckman at>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I don't think that you can use Mathematica to interpret *.tex files.
Your best bet would be to consult a LaTeX network news group about how
to install and run LaTeX.

The *.eps is an Encapsulated Postscript file, and probably a figure
which is part of the *.tex document.  EPS, I believe, can be loaded into
Mathematica, although you can also view these with the free program you
can download called "ghostview".

A1930B1953J1962 wrote:
> I recently download the following files containing  the extension
> .eps and one file with the extension of .tex.
> Can Mathematica 4.0 do anything with this ".tex" file so I can read the
> article.
> This article contains mathematical symbols.
> I need help, please respond simply for I have no experience with Tex or Latex
> files.
> Thank you,
> a1930b1953j1962 at

Scott Beckman

University of California at Berkeley
Material Science and Mineral Engineering Department
577 Evans Hall #1760
Berkeley, CA  94720-1760

e-mail: sbeckman at