Contexts and Naming of Things
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25691] Contexts and Naming of Things
- From: Mike Yukish <may106 at psu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Penn State University, Center for Academic Computing
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have the following code which does not work as I had hoped. I first
declare a function in a package...
foo::usage = "now is the time..."
foo[x_, y_] := 1 /; y === bar;
foo[x_, y_] := 2 /; y === nebbish;
And then try to run the following simple commands...
I had thought that the first one would have given me the correct answer,
as it works OK when I do not embed the function definition in a package.
The others were desperate second efforts that also failed. What am I
Prev by Date:
Statistics book advice
Next by Date:
Re: Assumptions i Mathematica...
Previous by thread:
Re: Statistics book advice
Next by thread:
Re: Contexts and Naming of Things