Re: Point inside a plygon?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25382] Re: [mg25239] Point inside a plygon?
- From: "Christopher J. Henrich" <chenrich at monmouth.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
David Park wrote:
> Here is a different solution for the point inside a polygon question.
> PointInPolygon::usage =
> "PointInPolygon[point, polygonvertices] will determine if a point is \
> within a polygon defined by its vertices. Its method is to calculate the \
> cross product of each leg of the polygon with the vector from the base of
> the \
> leg to the point. If there is a change in sign of the z component going \
> around the polygon, the point is outside the polygon.";
> > -----Original Message-----
> > I need a routine to check if a point is inside or outside a polygon
> > (simple polygon non self-intersecting).
> > Any help appreciated.
> > Adriano Moreira
David Park's solution is correct if the polynomial in question is
convex. If it is not, then the problem is more difficult.
Prev by Date:
Re: extracting elements from a list?
Next by Date:
RE: sampling without replacement
Previous by thread:
RE: Point inside a plygon?
Next by thread: