Re: Linux/Unix add-ons

On 24 Sep 2000, Jeffrey S Austin wrote:

> I'm sure that this is part of FAQs but I'll ask anyway . . . What
> add-ons are available for Linux and/or Unix? I see that there's more
> than you can shake a stick at for that inferior OS called Windoze and
> MAC but what about us penguins and geeks?
>
> I looked at Calculus Wiz and it said for windows and Mac as does the
> software from Math Everywhere.

Many products from the Applications Library have Unix versions, and there
are student discounts for certain products.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/student/applications/

A statement on compatibility issues for older versions of Calculus Wiz was
posted to this forum last spring.

http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2000/Mar/msg00111.html

You'll have to contact Math Everywhere directly to find out whether they
offer any support for Linux and other flavors of Unix in their courseware.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.