Re: Linux/Unix add-ons
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25390] Re: Linux/Unix add-ons
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 24 Sep 2000, Jeffrey S Austin wrote: > I'm sure that this is part of FAQs but I'll ask anyway . . . What > add-ons are available for Linux and/or Unix? I see that there's more > than you can shake a stick at for that inferior OS called Windoze and > MAC but what about us penguins and geeks? > > I looked at Calculus Wiz and it said for windows and Mac as does the > software from Math Everywhere. Many products from the Applications Library have Unix versions, and there are student discounts for certain products. http://www.wolfram.com/products/student/applications/ A statement on compatibility issues for older versions of Calculus Wiz was posted to this forum last spring. http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2000/Mar/msg00111.html You'll have to contact Math Everywhere directly to find out whether they offer any support for Linux and other flavors of Unix in their courseware. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.