Re: Linux/Unix add-ons

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25390] Re: Linux/Unix add-ons
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 24 Sep 2000, Jeffrey S Austin wrote:

> I'm sure that this is part of FAQs but I'll ask anyway . . . What
> add-ons are available for Linux and/or Unix? I see that there's more
> than you can shake a stick at for that inferior OS called Windoze and
> MAC but what about us penguins and geeks?
> I looked at Calculus Wiz and it said for windows and Mac as does the
> software from Math Everywhere.

Many products from the Applications Library have Unix versions, and there
are student discounts for certain products.

A statement on compatibility issues for older versions of Calculus Wiz was
posted to this forum last spring.

You'll have to contact Math Everywhere directly to find out whether they
offer any support for Linux and other flavors of Unix in their courseware.

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.