MATHEMATICA WARNING

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28182] MATHEMATICA WARNING
  • From: Blimbaum Jerry DLPC <BlimbaumJE at ncsc.navy.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:38:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	On several ocassions I have received the following Mathematica
question when trying to save a notebook..."The file on disk has been
modified outside of Mathematica.  Unfortunately, the notebook you are using
is not entirely in memory and cannot be restored.  Try to save the
notebook?"....Calculations that I am performing use a lot of memory and I
have continually lowered the 2 dimensional grid on which I am performing
them.  Originally, the kernel came back and said no more memory..So I
lowered the number of points at which I could still perform the calculations
without this ocurring.  Could someone explain what is going here?

	THANKS....Jerry Blimbaum  NSWC  Panama City, Fl