Re: Text and 3D graphics overlay

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28195] Re: Text and 3D graphics overlay
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 04:13:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

don't use the FrontEnd to generate PSFrag graphics !
Only the kernel alone will do this well. The reason
is, that the kernel tyr to typeset your Text[] primitives
and split nice things like "myPSFragLabel" into singel placed
characters. These characters are not more reconized by PSFrag
It would need

x y moveto
(myPSFragLabel) show

but it get

x1 y1 moveto
(m) show
x2 y2 moveto
(y) show
x3 y3 moveto
(P) show

The best solution is to use the Kernel alone and make a small
file with your graphics commands, i. e.

----------------------------------------------------- firstpic.m ---
Off[FrontEndObject::notavail]

Export["myfirst.eps",
  Plot[Sin[x^2],{x,0,Pi},
    AxesLabel->{"\\tex{$\\phi$}","\\tex{$\\sin(\\phi^2)$}"},
    DisplayFunction->Identity],
  "EPS"
 ]
Quit[]
and run the kernel with

<< firstpic.m

You may still use a alternative TeX based frontend that run the
kernel as MathLink child, redefine the DisplayFunction to save
EPS and insert the wired \\tex{something} in your labels.

Regards
  Jens