InputAliases

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28230] InputAliases
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 03:00:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I would like to make an InputAlias for the following three lines so I don't
have to type them in each time I do an animation.

SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]
FrontEndTokenExecute["SelectionAnimate"]

However, when I copy these lines into the InputAliases Dialog Box in the
Option Inspector I run into all kinds of problems. When I try to enter the
alias, Mathematica doesn't like the box structure. Also it seems that there
is a limit on the size of the replacement. I can make an alias for the first
line alone, but not for all three lines as a unit.

Can anyone show me how to do this?

Thanks.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net