Re: notebook -> postscript conversion in text mode ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28293] Re: [mg28235] notebook -> postscript conversion in text mode ?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 03:44:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.cz wrote:

> can you, please, tell me how to convert a Mathematica notebook
> into a PostScript or a pdf file using Mathematica in text mode ?
>
> I know that MathReader is available, but MathReader does not work
> in text mode (or am I mistaken ?)

What do you mean by "text mode"?

One can use the front end to generate a PostScript version of a notebook
document with NotebookPrint[] under the X Window System.  But even with
this approach, the front end must be displayed to an X server.  In
principle, you can use the non-hardware X virtual frame buffer server.

It is not possible to convert notebooks with the kernel alone.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.