Re: notebook -> postscript conversion in text mode ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28293] Re: [mg28235] notebook -> postscript conversion in text mode ?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 03:44:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.cz wrote: > can you, please, tell me how to convert a Mathematica notebook > into a PostScript or a pdf file using Mathematica in text mode ? > > I know that MathReader is available, but MathReader does not work > in text mode (or am I mistaken ?) What do you mean by "text mode"? One can use the front end to generate a PostScript version of a notebook document with NotebookPrint under the X Window System. But even with this approach, the front end must be displayed to an X server. In principle, you can use the non-hardware X virtual frame buffer server. It is not possible to convert notebooks with the kernel alone. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.