Help on 3rd order nonlinear ode
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28329] Help on 3rd order nonlinear ode
- From: Jay <jayg at ima.umn.edu>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:01:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I tried to solve the following third order nonlinear ode using NDSolve
(y'[x])^2 + y[x]*y''[x] + 10* y'''[x] == 10
with boundary/initial conditions
y == 0, y' == 0, y' == 1.
However, Mathematica says:
NDSolve::"pcnan": "Coefficients of the differential equation are not
numbers \ or only one linear nth order ordinary differential equation
can be solved."
Can you help me please?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: I'm new
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Help on 3rd order nonlinear ode