Re: I'm new
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28314] Re: I'm new
- From: Erk Jensen <Erk.Jensen at cern.ch>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:00:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: CERN http://www.cern.ch
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I'm new, so excuse me if possible.
> What's going really here ?
> I red
> " log x > x - proof?
> Dear all,
> Please could someone give me some hints as to how to prove that
> log x > x for all x > 0
> Isn't it proof by contradiction, or by intimidation?
Forget it - it just gives a new meaning to the word "larger" - which actually
here should read "smaller".
Then the proof is roughly...
find the zero of D[x-Log[x],x] (an extremum), show that it is a minimum, and
that the function value is positive there ...
Prev by Date:
Help on 3rd order nonlinear ode
Next by Date:
Re: Manipulating Strings
Previous by thread:
Re: Help on 3rd order nonlinear ode
Next by thread:
Exporting Graphics (Sizes and Fonts) (Again)