Re: log x > x - proof?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28391] Re: log x > x - proof?
- From: "J.R. Chaffer" <jrchaff at mcn.net>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 00:13:42 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Joe, it might take a while to do that; are you sure the inequality points the way you intend it ? jrc Joe wrote: > > Dear all, > > Please could someone give me some hints as to how to prove that > > log x > x for all x > 0 > > Isn't it proof by contradiction, or by intimidation? > > Thanks in advance, > > Joe