Re: Can Mathematica be used as expert system (rule-based computations like CLIPS?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28422] Re: Can Mathematica be used as expert system (rule-based computations like CLIPS?)
  • From: "Paul Lutus" <nospam at nosite.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:23:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Rudy Cazabon" <raygunprez at earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:9bgfah$deg at smc.vnet.net...

> So, my question is ... rather than getting a rule to perform a replacement
> operation can I get it to do an arbitrary operation?

Yes, you can. You can get Mathematica to take any imaginable action based on
the outcome of rule-based operations.

This doesn't necessarily mean Mathematica is the ideal tool for the job you
contemplate, but it can do it. And if the task includes a significant
mathematical subset of operations, Mathematica might turn out to be a
reasonable choice.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com