Re: considering reflections in ray tracing with optica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28482] Re: [mg28467] considering reflections in ray tracing with optica
  • From: steffenz at server2.fo.fh-koeln.de
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

There are (as I know) no Fresnel reflections implemented in Optica.
To get Transmission, Remission and Absorption without visualisation
I`ve programmed these some time ago, but these programs are not well
documented, so that I think they will be of no help for You.
At every partition of Ray[] You get the angle of the surface and
angle of the ray, so it is possible to use the Fresnel formula to
evaluate the intesity of th reflection and to start at this point a
new ray with this intensity value.

best regards

Steffen