Trick for getting the comples conjugate in symbolic calculations?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30297] Trick for getting the comples conjugate in symbolic calculations?
- From: riefler at iwt.uni-bremen.de
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 01:33:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I read in the older news that the numeric functions real / Re and imag
/ Im for / Mathematica won't do its job because of some
ambiguity. The same holds for the complex conjugate conj / Conjugate.
Is there a trick to get anyway the algebraic solution of for example
(x1+i*y1)*conj(x2+i*y2) / (x1+i*y1)*Conjugate(x2+i*y2) in Mathematica?
Thanks a lot
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Notebook Filename
Next by thread:
Re: Trick for getting the comples conjugate in symboliccalculations?