Re: Trick for getting the comples conjugate in symbolic calculations?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30380] Re: Trick for getting the comples conjugate in symbolic calculations?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, *if* you know that all your symbols are real than expr /. Complex[a_,b_]:> Complex[a,-b] will work. Regards Jens riefler at iwt.uni-bremen.de wrote: > > Hi > > I read in the older news that the numeric functions real / Re and imag > / Im for / Mathematica won't do its job because of some > ambiguity. The same holds for the complex conjugate conj / Conjugate. > > Is there a trick to get anyway the algebraic solution of for example > (x1+i*y1)*conj(x2+i*y2) / (x1+i*y1)*Conjugate(x2+i*y2) in Mathematica? > > Thanks a lot > > Norbert