Re: Solve for equations?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32141] Re: Solve for equations?
- From: "Steve Gray" <stevebg at adelphia.net>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:57:30 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Doug VanGoethem" <djvango at sandia.gov> wrote in message news:9v7857$s6n$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I have a system of equations > > eq1 = Rac == R1(R2+R3+R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4) > eq2 = Rad == R2(R1+R3+R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4) > eq3 = Rbc == R3(R1+R2+R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4) > eq4 = Rbd == R4(R1+R2+R3)/(R1+R2+R3+R4) > > I'd like to get R1, R2, R3, and R4 in terms of Rac, Rad, Rbc, and Rbd. Four > equations, four unknowns -- it seems simple in concept so I figured Mathematica > could do it easily. [snip] I'm no Mathematica expert but what I would automatically do in a case like this, at the first sign of trouble, is to simplify the problem to say two Rx variables and two equations. If there were any trouble with that, it would be easier to figure out what was going on. If there were no trouble, I would proceed to 3 and 3, etc., giving Mathematica and yourself a better chance to understand the situation.