symbolic calculations with complex numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31937] symbolic calculations with complex numbers
- From: "Roberto Dinapoli" <dinapoli at usa.net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:08:41 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: CERN - European Laboratory for Particle Physics
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've a problem: is there a way to convince mathematica to do symbolic
calculations and simplifications taking all symbolic variables as real?
Abs[p+ I q] is not evaluated, I'd like to see : sqrt[ sqr[p]+sqr[q] ]...
for all the calculations I have to do it's really important.
Thanks a lot
Prev by Date:
Re: Trouble with Splice for Java (i.e. there is no JForm)
Next by Date:
problem with mathematica 4.0 and office XP
Previous by thread:
Re: Solve for equations?
Next by thread:
Re:symbolic calculations with complex numbers