Re: Genetic Algorithms?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27199] Re: Genetic Algorithms?
  • From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:10:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

drek wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms (GA) in the
> course of their programming with Mathematica. If you have, did you write a
> GA code directly in your respective Mathematica programs? Are there any
> resources available (preferably free) for writing these GA codes?
> Or did you "transfer" the values from Mathematica to another program? If so,
> how did you do so and which programs did you use?

Hello,

I recommend Christian Jacob's Evolvica page:

http://www2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de:80/IMMD-II/Persons/FormerMembers/jacob/Evolvica/Evolvica-TOC-2.html

He has written a huge book about using Mathematica for genetic
algorithms
and related topics, however it is in German. But perhaps you can use
some of the code nonetheless.

Martin Kraus