Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27199] Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:10:48 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Institut fuer Informatik, Universitaet Stuttgart
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
drek wrote: > > Hi all, > I would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms (GA) in the > course of their programming with Mathematica. If you have, did you write a > GA code directly in your respective Mathematica programs? Are there any > resources available (preferably free) for writing these GA codes? > Or did you "transfer" the values from Mathematica to another program? If so, > how did you do so and which programs did you use? Hello, I recommend Christian Jacob's Evolvica page: http://www2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de:80/IMMD-II/Persons/FormerMembers/jacob/Evolvica/Evolvica-TOC-2.html He has written a huge book about using Mathematica for genetic algorithms and related topics, however it is in German. But perhaps you can use some of the code nonetheless. Martin Kraus