Re: Genetic Algorithms?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg27226] Re: Genetic Algorithms?
  • From: herbertk at
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:21:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <960b1m$p4a at>,
  Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at> wrote:
> drek wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > cI would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms
(GA) in the
> > course of their programming with Mathematica.

I went to a lecture on Genetic Algorithms, and in fact,
genetic computing last year at Leeds University. (see http://www.  (Forum)  ). The ideas looked interesting,
but what I felt was missing was any comparison at all with
'traditional' methods. There also seemed to be a portrayal of
software developers as 'not evolving', which has been quite
the contrary in my experience. Might be worth considering before
you jump in too far? If you have a view, perhaps you could put
in the forum at

Sent via