Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27226] Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- From: herbertk at my-deja.com
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:21:04 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <960b1m$p4a at smc.vnet.net>, Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote: > drek wrote: > > > > Hi all, > > cI would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms (GA) in the > > course of their programming with Mathematica. I went to a lecture on Genetic Algorithms, and in fact, genetic computing last year at Leeds University. (see http://www. inverse-problems.com (Forum) ). The ideas looked interesting, but what I felt was missing was any comparison at all with 'traditional' methods. There also seemed to be a portrayal of software developers as 'not evolving', which has been quite the contrary in my experience. Might be worth considering before you jump in too far? If you have a view, perhaps you could put in the forum at inverse-problems.com Bob Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/