Re: Q: How to plot field lines?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27269] Re: Q: How to plot field lines?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:30:41 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, the extend graphics packages by Tom Wickham-Jones have 2d & 3d fieldlines http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0208-976 Regards Jens Robert wrote: > > is there a solution available to create plots of field lines with > mathematica? > > i'd search for something like this: > > input: components of a vector field (plut the plane where to plot, if > the field is 3-dimensional) > output: plot of the field lines > > i know of the function "plotvectorfield" and its options, but i couldn't > create a plot having continuous lines! > > if such a plot is not available with mathematica, with which software > could i do this? > > thanks, robert